Creamy butternut squash and mascarpone orecchiette butternut squash is a great butternut squash recipe that is perfect for the fall season.
This rich and creamy dish is best served as a side instead of the main course. The blend of heavy cream, mascarpone cheese, butter with Parmesan will make you feel like this meal has all your needs met!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Serves: 4 people
4 cups butternut squash, cubed (or 15-oz. bag frozen)
1 medium red onion, roughly chopped
4-5 large cloves garlic, peeled
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 lb. orecchiette pasta
¼ cup heavy cream
½ cup mascarpone cheese
2 T. unsalted butter
½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (plus extra for serving)
2 T. fresh thyme leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat. Set it aside.
2. In a mixing dish, combine butternut squash, red onion, and garlic cloves. Toss with olive oil and salt and black pepper to taste until well combined. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet in a single layer without overlapping.
3. Place the veggies in the heated oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through, or until they’re fork-tender and golden brown.
4. While the butternut squash mixture is cooking, start to cook the orecchiette according to package directions. Cook until it is done and then reserve a cup of the cooking water before draining. Return pasta to the pot and set aside.
5. Roasted vegetables are a good food. Take them out of the oven and put them in the blender. Blend until they are made into a smooth sauce. If you need some cooking water, add it to make the sauce smooth again.
6. Put the cream into a bowl then add some of the hot squash mix. Add cheese and blend it all together.
7. Pour the smooth butternut squash sauce over the pasta and combine. To thin out the sauce, add some of the reserved cooking liquid as desired.
8. In a small nonstick saucepan, cook the onion and garlic for 10 minutes over medium-high heat, or until tender. Add the chicken breasts to a large mixing dish with a slotted spoon, along with all of the remaining ingredients (except for the salmon). Stir in the butter, Parmesan cheese, and fresh thyme leaves. Season
RELATED POSTS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN: