Our Roasted Pear and Blue Cheese Salad is a great combination of flavors. It’s also very easy to make, with only a few ingredients making it perfect for an after-work dinner. Give this salad a try today!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
Serves: 6 people
1 c. balsamic vinegar
6 c. fresh arugula, washed and dried
3 large firm pears, cored and cut into wedges
¼ c. extra virgin olive oil, divided
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
6 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and put a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Arrange the pears in a single layer on the baking sheet. Do not put too many in one place. Lightly brush the pear with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and add salt and pepper.
- Put a baking sheet in the oven and turn on the oven. After 15 minutes, take it out and turn each pear.
- Return to oven and continue roasting until the pears are evenly browned and fork tender, approximately 10-15 minutes. Remove pears from oven and cool slightly. Set aside.
- While pears are roasting, add balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan set over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and stir frequently until the liquid is reduced to 1/3 of its original volume. Liquid will be thick and syrupy when it is ready. Remove from heat and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Add some arugula, roasted pear slices, and blue cheese to a large salad bowl. Then add the rest of the olive oil and toss it all up to combine.
- Drizzle the warm balsamic glaze on top of the dish. Serve it now. Enjoy!
In this recipe, we show you how to make a Roasted Pear and Blue Cheese Salad. The dish is quick and easy to prepare. It’s also very flavorful, making it perfect for an after-work dinner or weekend lunch! Give this salad a try today!
RELATED POSTS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN: